Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Major Lance - Now Arriving(1978)-Soul Records(Motown)-Still Lp Only Release-Rare Soul

Major was  born 4 April 1939 in Winterville,Mississippi,died 3 September
1994 in Decatur, Georgia.
As a child he relocated to Chicago,where he was initially raised on the west side of
the city,before he moved near the north.
While studying at Wells High School,Lance began boxing.
Curtis Mayfield and Jerry Butler also went to the same school.
His interests soon veered towards music and this new interest led to him forming
the group The Floats with Otis Leavill and Barbara Tyson.
Lance also sang with the The Gospel Five,The Harmonaires,beforebeing mentored by the
Great Curtis mayfield. This Album Is Still LP Only Release!..The man Is A legend With Soul Fans And The Northern Scene To This Day!

                                                                ALBUM REVIEW COURTESY OF ELTEL

                                                                            THE TASTER BELOW!


                 

                                                               TRACKS LISTED ON BACK COVER BELOW





22 comments:

AMM said...

many thanks eltel great review m8!

Wicked Souldies (Gto Town) said...

Mayor lance good Sounds thank u

Little Bill said...

Cheers Eltel and amm for this one!

PhilN said...

AMM thanks for this review.

Big Dave said...

Very nice... many thanks for the review

BigD

Jumpstart said...

Looks interesting. I only know his earlier stuff. I'm curious to know how he sounded in the late 1970's.

/Jumpstart

richsoul said...

Major Lance is one of my all time favorites. I especially like " Stay away from me". His daughter Keisha Lance Bottom is the mayor of Georgia and daughter of soul legend Sylvia Robinson. Read how the mayor of Atlanta turned her famous father's arrest into a passion for criminal justice reform.

richsoul said...

ELTEL is one of my heroes. I remember mentioning that I had lost my hard drive and he offered to help me rebuild my collection. Good man. Good person. Just like you Music Man.

PeterH said...

And how you have arrived. The new blog is a sign that one shouldn't give up. Thanks for review, P.

reb.jukebox said...

You can't beat a a bit Major Lance AMM
P&T Reb

Bill said...

While looking for Lyman, I found I didn`t have this! I think I must have beeped over it as it was a later one! Good review though, looks interesting and it is the Major!

Bill Pritchard said...

Never knew this existed.

Moe said...

Thanks for great review

RMstorm said...

Thanks ElTel for rare review.

Smokey said...

Thanks AMM and ELTEL for another review.

ELtel said...

@ richsoul, humbled by your comment my friend. You & i have haunted the same blogs for a long while & shared between ourselves & en mass & for that i thank YOU!
cheers,ELtel

pedro B said...

I remember buying this in a record shop in Eccles Nr Manchester sadly not this anymore never the less what a great singer this guy was thanks for this review All Music Man
Cheers Pedro

Bob Mac said...

I only have a couple of his albums, and not this one. Thanks for the review.

BillyMac said...

I'm trying to catch up with the reviews and missed this one. If I'm too late, don't worry about it my brother.

tennessee boy said...

I love Major Lance ! Many thanks for this post.

imnokid said...

i didn't know this album.

eewhiz said...

Love Major Lance, thanks for the Review!