Saturday, October 8, 2022

Himiko Kikuchi - Sevilla Breeze (1988) CBS Sony Japan - Rare Jazz/Funk/Latin/Fusion (FLAC)

"Miko" is a female Japanese jazz pianist, keyboard player, composer and arranger. She has 9 incredible studio albums to her name, this is the 8th, as well as guesting on countless other albums. She is well known in the USA among the fusion artists as well as in her native Japan. I adore this ladys style and have all her albums as i love this genre without musical boundaries. She is very well known over here in the UK in the clubs and with collectors.How Times change,i remember the title track packing floors in the old jazz/funk clubs in the UK. Class never fades away.

AMM


                                                                      The Tasters!



13 comments:

pedro B said...

Just listen to the tasters sound to notch that bass man cant half pluck and Himiko cant hit them bones Thanks AMM

Cheers Pedro

Anghellic67$ said...

Great Review Thank you AMM

Arty said...

Sounds excellent, AMM, so yes please.

Big Dave said...

My other favourite kinda music... thanks AMM for this great review.

BigD

RMstorm said...

Thanks AMM. Something different for me but tasters have me ready.

richsoul said...

My ears are ready to listen, thanks AMM.

hakase said...

i only knew her name as the composer for a "yakuza" movie! much appreciated AMM

PeterH said...

Japanese jazz-funk - a special treat. Thanks for review, P.

reb.jukebox said...

Looks an interest listen AMM
thanks for sharing Reb

MusicFan59 said...

Another artist I am not familiar with but am glad for the introduction. The tasters are very nice. Really like the "Sevilla Breeze" track. Looking forward to hearing the rest. Great review!!!

Rush said...

Thanks AMM looking forward to listening to it its new to me

friedrichjanos said...

Iam happy with it,please...Thank you

tpee said...

If you've recommended this (to me unknown artist) then that's good enough for me. If I don't like it I'll send it back!