Monday, November 28, 2022

Yvonne Hodges - You Never Wanted Me ! (1977) Guinness - LP Only Release - Rare Soul (MP3)HQ

This is a very rare album indeed as with most on the Guinness Label. She only recorded this one album and no 45,s of note. I heard 2 great tracks at Blackpool Mecca back in the 70,s and thought wow! that is some voice, "Never Would Say"  & "do it any way you wanna"(Peoples Choice & was Posted) and they are still played out to this day by discerning jocks. Its so rare there are NO CLIPS ON YOUTUBE or anywhere else for that matter. She was mainly a backing singer for the likes of the great Bill Brandon,Millie Jackson,Brenda Lee,Johnny Cash, the list is quite long so she always had plenty of work. Nothing about her personal life at all i,m afraid. If you wanted to buy this LP only release you would have to pay £85-£120. Moxy tells me that Track 4 is duplicated with track 5 due to an error at the pressing plant.

AMM 

                                                          Review Courtesy Of Moxysoulandjazz



30 comments:

Soulsville said...

Hello AMM,

Many thanks for another excellent review

Jean-Jacques Mura said...

Rare and very amazing record with , as usual, a great review. Thanks a lot.

RMstorm said...

Thanks AMM. Another rare and unknown find here.

soultime said...

great review AMM

Little Bill said...

Always great surprises here amm, many thanks!

PeterH said...

I knew nothing about her and hope to remedy this soon. Thanks for review, P.

Gustavo said...

I don't know if I would know this album existed if it wasn't for this great review. Many Thanks AMM

USMAN47 said...

A very confidential singer on a rare LP that I know but do not own.

Thanks again AM

Yves

Bill said...

You`ve sweet talked me into this one!THANKS for a very rare share! Cheers! Bill

PhilN said...

Thanks AMM another great find.

tpee said...

I Appreciate this. It's neat when someone does as well as Linda did then disappears to live a life away from the spotlight. I truly hope it went well for her.

Anghellic67$ said...

Thank you AMM Much Appreciated As Always

Arty said...

And the rare soul songsters keep on coming. Yes please, AMM.

soul quinquin said...

I thought I had it, but it's not. Of course, I'm a taker. Thanks AMM.
Pierre

hakase said...

many thanks for another rare gem from tax-scam label

Bob Mac said...

Looks good, many thanks.

BillyMac said...

Moxy and Amm, thank you both for this rare baby.

richsoul said...

an excellent review and a bit of discovery for many who never knew this lady. Thank you AMM.

pedro B said...

Thanks AMM for another great review another undiscovered gem.I wonder what the 5th track Feelin the glow sounds like

Cheers Pedro

pedro B said...

Forgot to mention Moxysoulandjazz great work

Cheers Pedro

Rush said...

Thanks AMM and Moxysoulandjazz its new to me

reb.jukebox said...

Many thanks Moxy and AMM for sharing with us this rare album
Reb

Xyros said...

This looks interesting. Checked out the Guinness label on Discogs and they released a wide range of music.
Look forward to this release.

trinity said...

Thank you kindly mate for the review, sounds a beauty

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities said...

Many thanks for other rare lp,new for me

clash said...

The only track I'm familiar with is Feelin' That Glow, which I really dig. Thank you and please.

ELtel said...

Thank you Moxysoulandjazz & MM for more rare soul.
cheers,ELtel

KansasJoe said...

This review makes me curious about YH. Please, send me the link.

Smokey said...

No Yvonne Hodges in my collection nor on my PC. So, thank you AMM and Moxy for this one.

Lordchester said...

thanks for this rare share !