Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Mokie J.J. & R.O.B. - Speed Of Light (1972) Sun Moon & Stars - LP Only Release Rare Soul (MP3 44MB)

Another Holy Grail i have just rediscovered on back up in sorting out my collection! This was a one off album that spawned 2 very rare northern dancers found only on this album, Thanks to Colin Curtis at blackpool Mecca for playing them i rushed out to find a copy & was pleasantly surprised when i heard the whole album. I forgot how energetic and vibrant this album was. Masterminded by the great Lamont Johnson who owned the label and has an album of his own named after it which, when i find it will review. Another album i wish i had never parted with. It shows how old this is as i ripped it @192 back in the days when i didnt know what i was doing and new to ripping albums, but the sound is still very good.

AMM

 

 

                                                                                                        The Tasters!


 




25 comments:

Carlos Uria said...

Thank you AMM fantastic review

PeterH said...

So many great things in your collection, AMM … Thanks for review, P.

Little Bill said...

192 is good enough for me thanks for the share !

soulfood said...

A holy soul grail yes please AMM

RMstorm said...

Thanks AMM. 192 times better than what I have.

UNKNOWN said...

You`ve convinced me with your smooth review! Yes please AMM!
Cheers!
Bill

Anghellic67$ said...

Thank You AMM For The Review,Always Appreciated

oldsoulrebel said...

1972 is getting a bit modern for my tastes but I'll just have to review this unknown (to me anyway) album, thanks AMM

deadwoodie said...

Thanks AMM

USMAN47 said...

Another darkness that I discover.

Thank you AMM for this.

Yves

soultime said...

Great L/p , thanks AMM .

trinity said...

Brilliant review, thank you kindly

richsoul said...

Pleasant to read review. New to me, will discover this album. Thanks AMM.

Lordchester said...

fine tasters and another discovery for me

Ray said...

Thank you for the review AMM

gmortars said...

Sounds like this went into oblivion at the speed of light...
Thanks, AMM!

Big Dave said...

I already have this album... but I still say thanks on behalf of everyone else, truly a gem of a record :)

BigD

clash said...

Totally new to me. Please and thanks!

Arty said...

Another rarity to listen to. Many thanks, AMM.

tsi&hrjs said...

The tasters taste great! Thanks for the review as I didn't know this before.

reb.jukebox said...

AMM thanks for this rare album

ELtel said...

Thanks for more rare soul MM.
cheers.ELtel

Rush said...

Thanks for the review AMM its new to me

pedro B said...

I handle 192 good enough for me some solid tracks on this did have this a long time ago

Cheers Pedro

soulfood said...

I do like rare cheers AMM