Monday, February 7, 2022

R.I.P. SYL jOHNSON....A SMALL TRIBUTE....Syl Johnson - Back for a Taste of Your Love (1973) Hi (FLAC)

It,s been a very bad year up to now, & its only February, with so many of our legends passing away, & i,m sad to report another star in the skies in the passing of Syl Johnson yesterday. Its not that long ago i posted a review & bio of his first 2 albums in a 2 4 1 on Kent. So my small tribute to the man comes in his third studio album and his debut on Hi records in Memphis & one of my fave,s by him. Listening to this album tonight it makes a mockery of its age!..He did this in 1973 !?...really!..every track had me spellbound all over again and its been a while since i played it..Magnificent Soul Music !...You will be sadly missed Syl, but what a band of brothers your meeting up with..R.I.P.

AMM


                                                                          The Taster!


                                                                  Tracks Below (FLAC)



23 comments:

oldsoulrebel said...

another sad loss for Soul music but his music lives on

RMstorm said...

Thanks AMM for paying tribute to this legend. RIP.

reb.jukebox said...

Thank for more Syl, very sad to hear that we have lost yet another great artist
Reb

Little Bill said...

Really sad news amm, thanks for the review!

USMAN47 said...

Fantastic LP from a very great singer and guitarist.
But there are many more by this guy in a very prolific discography.
I am very sad and unfortunately the series continues.
It must be said that we too are aging.
No link for me.

Yves

Anton said...

A Toast To The Fantastic Syl Johnson !

ELtel said...

Thanks for the review MM. So many legends gone & we're only six weeks into the year, so sad.
cheers,ELtel

tennessee boy said...

Thanks for this tribute ! A good entertainer !

richsoul said...

thanks AMM for the link and the story behind a great soul man.

MusicFan59 said...

Another loss. Great tribute and review AMM. We're losing some greats so far in 2022...

Anghellic67$ said...

RIP Sly Johnson,Thank you AMM

Bob Mac said...

I do already have this album but just wanted to say RIP Syl Johnson. I was fortunate to see Syl play live in a Perth pub some years ago. After the show I met Syl and shook his hand. I said to my friend who was with me, "I just shook the hand that once shook the hands of Howlin' Wolf and Magic Sam." Also Syl's brother, Jimmy Johnson died last week, so this has been a tragic start to the year for the Johnson family.

renald said...

Yes AMM. Syl Johnson was magnificent. Thanks for this upgrade. Thank you AMM for all the beautiful music!!

Wicked Souldies (Gto Town) said...

Rip a great legend thanks

hakase said...

thank you AMM i like this too also love his sweet side like "Anyway The Wind Blows"
his brother Chicago blues great Jimmy Johnson also passed a week ago!
i loved his too; say Amen for both

bigcravings said...

Nice review and RIP.

PeterH said...

Another of the great ones gone ... very sad. Thanks for review, P.

Bill said...

Sad news that another Soul titan has passed! I haven`t got this album, but from your review, it`s a must-have!

AMM said...

for your very kind comments bob and one hell of an interesting story m8!

Rush said...

Thanks godvyhd review AMM
RIP Mr Syl Johnson

Smokey said...

Sad news, also I did not know that his brother Jimmy died this month. Very sad.
I can still play: "Two Johnsons are better than one".

pedro B said...

Thanks Sly for all the music love all his music i remember buying taste of your love from the record shop I do have some albums but not all and like to pay my respect to the man and also to his Bro Jimmy RIP Thanks AMM
Cheers Pedro

CanoMan said...

Great review sadly too many are passing on to the next life