Saturday, March 12, 2022

Various Artists - Royal Memphis Soul - Hi Book 11 Box Set 4 x CD,s (FLAC)+ 42 Page Booklet

Royal Memphis Soul is a superb, 95-track box set that collects all the highlights, both well-known and obscure, from the Hi Records vaults. Hi was one of the handful of great soul labels of the early '70s, featuring such artists as Al Green, Ann Peebles, Syl Johnson and Otis Clay. Green's popularity and reputation has tended to overshadow the other artists, who were all capable of delivering material of equal power, as this set demonstrates. In addition to all the hits, there's a number of neglected gems that hardcore soul fans will treasure. Certainly, the mammoth size of this box set means that it appeals primarily to special interests, but those collectors will find this to be an invaluable addition to their collection. Exclusive in Flac !..you may have to zoom in to read this fabulous booklet.One of the greatest Soul Box Sets ever released and it will save you a lot of money!


                                                                        CD1 Taster!


                                                                         CD2 Taster!


                                                                         CD3 Taster!


                                                                         CD4 Taster!


                                                               Tracks Below (FLAC) 


CD 1
1-01    Bad & Good Boys – We Got Soul
1-02    Don Bryant – I Like It Like That
1-03    Willie Mitchell With Don Bryant – Everything Is Gonna Be Alright
1-04    Janet & The Jays – Without A Reason
1-05    Don Bryant – The Lonely Soldier
1-06    1+1 – I Will Be True
1-07    Norm West –    Hey Little Girl
1-08    Don Bryant – The Call Of Distress
1-09    George Jackson – I'm Gonna Wait
1-10    Don Bryant – Is That Asking Too Much
1-11    Don Bryant – There Is Something On Your Mind (Part 1)
1-12    James Fry –    Tumblin' Down
1-13    Don Bryant – I'll Go Crazy
1-14    Ann Peebles – Walk Away
1-15    Don Bryant – You Cause Me To Wonder
1-16    Lyndon – The Very First Time
1-17    Lyndon – Love Map
1-18    Al Green – You Say It
1-19    Ann Peebles – Part Time Love
1-20    Ann Peebles – I Still Love You
1-21    Al Green – I Can't Get Next To You
1-22    David Duke – Is It Over?
1-23    Ann Peebles – I Pity The Fool
1-24    Eddi McGee – What Made You Change?
1-25    Eric Tigg –    Treat Her Right
1-26    Al Green – Tired Of Being Alone
1-27    Ebony Web –    This Morning

CD 2
2-01    Ann Peebles – 99 Lbs
2-02    Syl Johnson – The Love You Left Behind
2-03    Al Green – Let's Stay Together
2-04    Veniece – Stepchild
2-05    Al Green – How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?
2-06    Ann Peebles – I Feel Like Breaking Up Somebody's Home
2-07    Al Green – Look What You Done To Me
2-08    George Jackson – Aretha, Sing One For Me
2-09    T-99 – Sweetness Ain't Sweet No More
2-10    Al Green – I'm Still In Love With You
2-11    Philip Mitchell –    Little Things
2-12    Quiet Elegance – I'm Afraid Of Losing You
2-13    Bobo Mr.Soul – She's My Woman
2-14    Otis Clay – Trying To Live My LIfe Without You
2-15    Al Green – You Ought To Be With Me
2-16    Joint Venture – When The Battle Is Over
2-17    Ann Peebles – I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down
2-18    Al Green – Call Me (Come Back Home)
2-19    Otis Clay – I Can't Make It Alone
2-20    Philip Mitchell –    The Same Folks That Put You There
2-21    Darryl Carter – Looking Straight Ahead
2-22    Quiet Elegance – You've Got My Mind Messed Up
2-23    Otis Clay – I Love You, I Need You
2-24    Ann Peebles – I Can't Stand The Rain

CD 3
3-01    Syl Johnson – Back For A Taste Of Your Love
3-02    Otis Clay – If I Could Reach Out
3-03    Erma Coffee – You Made Me What I Am
3-04    Otis Clay –    I Die A Little Each Day
3-05    Erma Coffee – Anyway The Wind Blows
3-06    Al Green – Livin' For You
3-07    Philip Mitchell – Turning Over The Ground
3-08    Al Green – Livin' For You
3-09    Quiet Elegance – Will You Be My Man In The Morning?
3-10    The Masqueraders – Wake Up Fool
3-11    Syl Johnson – Please Don't Give Up On Me
3-12    Otis Clay – It Was Jealousy
3-13    Al Green – Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
3-14    Veniece – Evry Now And Then
3-15    Known Facts – He's Got It
3-16    Al Green – L-O-V-E (Love)
3-17    Known Facts – How Can I Believe You
3-18    Ann Peebles – Beware
3-19    Syl Johnson – Take Me To The River
3-20    Willie Clayton – I Must Be Losing You
3-21    Gene Anderson – You Love Must Be Voodoo (Part 1)
3-22    Willie Clayton – It's Time You Made Up Your Mind
3-23    Jimmy Mack – Be Good To The One (That's Good To You)
3-24    Ann Peebles – Come To Mama
3-25    Willie Walker – I Love Her

CD 4
4-01    Jean Plum –    Back To You
4-02    Al Green – Full Of Fire
4-03    Jean Plum – Today I Sing The Blues
4-04    Syl Johnson – It Ain't Easy
4-05    Ann Peebles – I Needed Somebody
4-06    Quiet Elegance – After You
4-07    Jean Plum -    I Love Him
4-08    O.V. Wright – Without You
4-09    Jean Plum –    Loneliness
4-10    Quiet Elegance – Roots Of Love
4-11    Otis Clay –    I Can't Take It
4-12    Quiet Elegance – How's Your Love Life Baby?
4-13    Bobby McClure – I Ain't Gonna Turn You Loose
4-14    Al Green – Belle
4-15    Willie Walker – Reaching For The Real Thing
4-16    O.V. Wright – Your Good Thing Is About To End
4-17    O.V. Wright – I Don't Know Why
4-18    O.V. Wright – Sacrifice
4-19    O.V. Wright – Eight Men, Four Women (Live)

 




24 comments:

Anghellic67$ said...

Thank you very much for this great compilation AMM

oldsoulrebel said...

This is a great collection, I have it as mp3 but an upgrade to Flac is brilliant. Thanks for the review AMM

pmac said...

Brilliant compilation and I'm really looking forward to listening to it. Many thanks. AMM!

CanoMan said...

Thanks for this great series of reviews

renald said...

I can only agree with all the blog members, Great, great great. A treasure chest of great artist all on 4 disks. Thanks AMM, excellent review!

richsoul said...

I use to have this collection of songs. I so glad that you presented this to us so that we can all enjoy it. thanks AMM

Carlos Uria said...

Thank you AMM impresionant collection!!

PeterH said...

A wonderful box - I'll listen to it again. Thanks for review, P.

Bob Mac said...

Impressive box set, thanks for reviewing it.

bigcravings said...

Great indeed. That Willie Mitchell production sound . . .

Bill said...

PHEW! Can`t say better than that! Oh, I can...better than that!!!! ;-)

Arty said...

Thanks again, AMM. Really good review.

Gustavo said...

Thanks AMM for this great compilation where we can enjoy The Hi Rhythm Section, one of the most talented and distinctive studio bands of all time.

Wicked Souldies (Gto Town) said...

Great box thanks AMM for this review

RMstorm said...

Thanks AMM. Essential collection from a great label.

pedro B said...

Thanks for this monster I Willie Mitchell made this Label Tick during the period when he was also a co-owner during the 7Ts then the label went from pillar to post the the other labels involved to much detail,well there is not a dud in the house with the band behind this performers Great Review AMM
Cheers Pedro

hakase said...

ive collected much Hi stuff but still great to have this Royal collection by Flac with Booklet superb AMM!

Bill Pritchard said...

You've excelled yourself this time.

reb.jukebox said...

Many thanks for sharing this great box set with us, is an upgrade for me with the flac
Reb

deadwoodie said...

Fantastic set!Thanks

tennessee boy said...

You are really incredible ! What wonderful package !!!

Rush said...

Thanks for the review AMM it's an amazing collection

andr3 nalin said...

Wow wow wow, what a mixture of big names, thanks a lot AMM :) ✌🏻☮️🌞

richsoul said...

I am glad I looked back. I thought I had posted a comment. I had this CD collection and really enjoyed it. Thanks AMM.