Friday, September 3, 2021

A Touch Of Charm – I Caught An Angel(2001)Ronald W. Robinson Entertainment-Rare Soul

This is a group i have to confess knowing nothing about at all...Thats rare for me,its that obscure,no info anywhere to be had.I got a request from a member(Renald) for it.He had it stolen from his car years ago & was keen to get it back.i didnt have it but fortunately my good friend Moxy did!..he had it on a blank cd that he cant remember buying where,when or from whom?..Just the group/title/year on case in felt pen!..Well we have no info,no back cover,gotta front cover..so i played it, a few cover versions of classics on there...and WOW!..what great sweet soul!..blew me away apart from a bit of rap on the first track...but i lived with that..I enjoyed it very much.I like to try and find Rare albums to post for you guys now & again & this certainly fits that criteria!..Any further info would be very welcome.

                                                                              **********REQUEST**********              

                                                      ALBUM REVIEW COURTESY OF MOXYSOULANDJAZZ

                                                                                    A TASTER BELOW!


 Tracks

 

1.Tell Me (I want to hear it from you)
2.SideShow
3.We've Been Seein'
4.Undercover
5.Just My Imagination (Runnin' Away with Me)
6.I Caught An Angel
7.Tell Me (I want to hear it from you) w_o rap
8.We've Been Seein'- Spanish version
9.All I want for Christmas(Bonius Track)

 



18 comments:

renald said...

I knew that you will find it. Thank you so much AMM. THANKS Moxy, you guys are great.
I'm going to review this gig until my neighbors complain!!!

PeterH said...

Looks like a very charming record ... Thanks for review, P.

Wicked Souldies (Gto Town) said...

Thank u for this amazing gems my Frieds

CanoMan said...

I would like to checkout this review gracias

PhilN said...

Great review. Thanks AMM and Moxy.

RMstorm said...

Thanks MoxySoulLandJazz for finding this rarity

USMAN47 said...

Ditto for me: a real discovery !!!

Yves

Davetuba said...

Interesting review; amystery group (like so many) to me! Thanks

Rush said...

listened to the youtube track Undercover, they guys can SING
Can I please have a review cant wait to listen to the Sideshow cover they do
Thanks MOXYSOULANDJAZZ and AMM

Anghellic67$ said...

Thank You AMM For this Album

BillyMac said...

Tremendous review. Great story, amm.

richsoul said...

I can see that everyone agrees with me. It is fascinating stuff.

hakase said...

much thanks to MOXYSOULANDJAZZ and AMM and (Renald)!
another cover here
https://diskunion.net/black/ct/detail/0111RC003

Bill Pritchard said...

Looks really interesting.

reb.jukebox said...

Many thanks to MOXYSOULANDJAZZ and AMM for this fine share Reb

pedro B said...

Thanks to Moxy and Jazz and All Music Man for the presentation and not forgetting Renald
a truly left field no info anywhere but lots of front covers

Cheers Pedro

ELtel said...

Not heard of these before, thanks MOXYSOULANDJAZZ & MM.
cheers,ELtel

Soulsville said...

Thanks for the review, intresting band I have never heard of.