Thursday, July 21, 2022

Stevie Wonder - Up Tight - LP (1966) Tamla - CD (1992) Motown Japan - Soul (FLAC)

This is without a doubt one of the albums that changed my life. Its impact was profound to say the least. . Three Quarters of the album are Northern Soul Classics that set me off on a quest to explore the USA and hunt down as many records as my greedy hands could collect. I still have the LP on Tamla which is worn to a frazzle (like so many others i hammered them to death on the old Dansette) so the CD came along which was a godsend for me...Like most record collectors we were mesmerised first by the music emanating from the discs but the labels were something else!...wonderful illustrations from the 4 corners of America on tiny unknown labels..But back to the man,what a legend he is..rather than me do a Bio you can get the picture on him Over Here... I loved his early albums and not that keen as he has progressed sadly but have full respect for this LIVING LEGEND!...Let his music do the talking!

AMM 



                                                                        The Tasters!






12 comments:

RMstorm said...

Thanks AMM. Indeed let the music do the talking!

Anghellic67$ said...

Thank you AMM Much Appreciated

Rush said...

Thanks for the review AMM I have been looking for Stevie's version of With A Child's Heart he truly is a living legend

bigcravings said...

Great review. Nothing like early LSW

Big Dave said...

Excellent... I had the original album, albeit very worn, before I got rid of all my vinyl when I emigrated to Australia... many thanks for the review AMM

BigD

pedro B said...

Truly great album not many of his other albums can match this one .I remember when he come on stage with that little red jacket he wearing at the time Get Set AMM

Cheers Pedro

hakase said...

thank you very much for this AMM

renald said...

Great SW fan. Thanks for the upgraded Japanese copy. this is an excellent review AMM.

PeterH said...

A true classic! Wonderful to find it here ... Thanks for review, P.

reb.jukebox said...

Many thanks AMM you can't beat a bit of Stevie Wonder
Reb

richsoul said...

Great artist, Stevie Wonder grew before our very eyes. Thanks for a great review and of course great music. thank you AMM.

ELtel said...

Thanks for the Up grade CD review MM. saw him in the eighties in Brum, my Mrs still has the tee shirt.
cheers,ELtel