Saturday, February 18, 2023

Various Artists - The Story of Lenis Guess (2014) + Booklet - Tramp - Rare Soul/Funk (FLAC)

Lenis Defect Guess III is a mighty true legend among soul fans everywhere especially on the dance floors of the northern soul scene. Not only a soul singer, but writer, producer, lebel owner & Filmaker. He was born in Norfolk, Virginia in  1940 & passed in  Norfolk in 2021. He was an integral part of what is now known as "The Norfolk Sound." In the '60's and '70's, Guess was a soul and funk machine, not only recording indelible regional hits (and misses) for producer Frank Guida's local music labels, but also his own companies, D.P.G. and Guess. But all the info you need is over here & in the booklet. All Killer no Filler...Love It!

AMM

                                                                      The Tasters!

 





20 comments:

oldsoulrebel said...

This is a cracking CD that I need the booklet for, thanks for this AMM

Little Bill said...

Thanks for the Flac format and the booklet AMM

Anghellic67$ said...

Great Review Thank you AMM

richsoul said...

Great review of an artist that I never knew. Now, I can wait to listen to her sounds. thanks AMM.

clash said...

Please and thank you!

RMstorm said...

Thanks AMM for magazine article link as well.

Guy said...

Thanks for this, the booklet is also missing at my end

soultime said...

The only single i bought by this guy , was a northern double header .

bigcravings said...

Great review

Big Dave said...

Excellent... many thanks for this review AMM

BigD

tsi&hrjs said...

When I discovered Just Ask Me, I added it to one of my playlists, but was not aware of Lenis Guess's body of work. Thanks for an excellent review AMM.

Arty said...

Another new one on me, and it's the Tramp label, so yes please, AMM!

hakase said...

his sweet and deep "I Keep Coming Back For More" is my most also The Soul Cops version too thank you so much for this AMM

PeterH said...

A real rarity again! Thanks for review, P.

reb.jukebox said...

Thank you AMM for this wonderful comp
Reb

pedro B said...

Great review of Lenis a true soul soldier extraordinaire Thanks AMM

Cheers Pedro

Bill said...

I really can`t remember(it`s starting) if I`ve left a comment on this. If I didn`t I would REALLY like to review this album!
Cheers!
Bill

Rush said...

Thanks AMM great review

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities said...

Many thanks for the info

Lordchester said...

a rarity , tnanks for reviewing this one AMM