Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Lenis Guess - I Can't Leave Your Love Alone (1984) Guess - LP Only Release - Rare Soul (MP3)

This was Lenis Guess,s only recorded album as a solo artist. Instead of the label (his own) being registered in Norfolk, Virginia its credited as New York though i still suspect the tracks were laid down at his home studio in Norfolk. There are two distinctive styles represented here Deep/Sweet soul ( which are quite stunning!) and Funk/Disco as i think he was aiming at both market places at that time. Still not available to CD which surprises me. I will soon be posting up the mega rare Raw Soul CD with never before issued xtra tracks. The album is well worn so you will have to accept it for what it is,nevertheless a very good album. Just the 1 taster available on youtube which is a shame but the album is very rare indeed,& too worn for flac.

AMM

                                                                        The Taster!





19 comments:

clash said...

I’ve never seen this one before. Please and thanks!

Little Bill said...

Thanks AMM no worries for the scratch some time I like it more!

soultime said...

I cant wait to hear this L/P Thanks for the review AMM .

RMstorm said...

Thanks AMM. Too worn not a problem for this rare Guess.

Bill said...

I wasn`t aware he had made an album,let alone a CD! How informative this blog is!!!I would be grateful for a chance to review it!
Cheers!
Bill

Anghellic67$ said...

Thank you AMM,Much Appreciated

PeterH said...

This record is worth listening to in any case. Thanks for review, P.

richsoul said...

I am not alone. I haven't seen this one either. Thanks AMM!

pedro B said...

Thanks for this album of Lenis Guess a truly magicall slice of soul which is part of folklore talking point as why no more from this man certainly had the class to turn it both ways as the set suggest Thanks AMM for this rare one
Cheers Pedro

hakase said...

Keep Comin Back is still my fave with its original Soul Cops version too thanks much AMM

DrHepcat said...

Piqued my curiosity to new heights with this review!

Rush said...

Thanks for the review AMM its new to me
Vinyl's do scratch sometimes no worries we appreciate it

PhilN said...

Looking forward to this. Thanks for posting.

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities said...


Many thanks for the digging,another rare

reb.jukebox said...

many thanks AMM for sharing another rare album
Reb

Lordchester said...

Never seen this one before, seems like another treasure revealed.

Rush said...

Hi AM Falling Deeper in Love and Lay your head down on me is on repeat great album thanks once again

Bob Mac said...

Looks good, I enjoying hearing these rare albums, many thanks for the review.

ELtel said...

Thanks for another gem MM.
cheers,ELtel