Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Kent 389 - Various Artists - Pied Piper Presents A New Concept in Detroit Soul (2013) + Booklet - Rare Soul (Flac)

 As a young Soul fan in the early seventies I was always keen to learn as much as I possibly could about Soul. I listened to people, read Blues & Soul and especially listened to anything I could and tried to memorize record labels. One record that I loved, I did not have "Change Your Ways" by Willie Kendrick, it was also on a super cool RCA white promo. One of my older friends had a copy and he often let me look at it and I was always intrigued by the words "A Pied Piper & GWP Production", interesting stuff that. At the time I was unable to find anything about it. It was also on another RCA favourite of mine "Man Without A Woman" by Michael & Raymond and a couple of Lorraine Chandler singles. I was going to do a Pied Piper post on my old blog back in about 2007 but never got around to it so when Kent released this first of the Pied Piper series in 2013 I was in Soul heaven. There are 4 Kent Pied Piper CD's and a couple of others featuring many Pied Piper Productions. The booklets tell the story of Pied Piper better than I ever could, enjoy the series

Oldsoulrebel















16 comments:

Little Bill said...

Great upgrade oldsoulrebel many thanks!

soultime said...

There are so many great dance tracks on this cd , great review Oldsoulrebel.

RMstorm said...

Thanaks OldSoulRebel. Booklet is nice inclusion.

PeterH said...

Let's go explore the history of Detroit Soul. Thanks for review, P.

Big Dave said...

Very nice, many thanks OSR & AMM for this review

BigD

Arty said...

Cheers, Oldsoulrebel, an excellent series. Thank you.

bigcravings said...

Excellent Detroit comp

Anghellic67$ said...

Thank you AMM & Oldsoulrebel,Much Appreciated

hakase said...

never heard em much except Hesitations i like most thank you so much for this OSR

tsi&hrjs said...

Thanks again Oldsoulrebel and AMM for yet another great slab of soul!

Rush said...

Thanks Oldsoulrebel

reb.jukebox said...

Thanks Oldsoulrebel for another great Kent comp Reb

Bill said...

The ultimate team! Thanks again Oldsoulrebel and AMM for thes great Pied Piper comps!Cheers!
Bill..
PS My emails are playing up, so I`m hoping you sent my requests from yesterday..THANK YOU if you did and I hope the Pat Brown link will still be available when my mail is up again!

Tel said...

Cheers OldSoulRebel More Class Gear

Lordchester said...

Thanks for the upgrade Oldsoulrebel and AMM

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities said...


Many thanks for the collection,rare singles