Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Bobby Taylor - The Motown Anthology - Universal (2006) Rare Soul + booklet (Flac) (973 MB)

 One of Motown's lesser known groups Bobby Taylor & The Vancouvers were a west coast based multi racial group and there debut single" Does Your Mama Known About Me" from early 1968 was controversial at the time. These two CD's contain all (I think) their Motown recordings, there most popular recording here in the UK being the Northern Soul favourite "Oh I've Been Blessed" from the album "Taylor Made Soul". That's about all I know about this neglected group, although there is more info in the booklet, enjoy

Oldsoulrebel


The Tasters!









19 comments:

UNKNOWN said...

To save boring you...please share this with me and THANK YOU!
Cheers!
Bill

gmortars said...

All I know of The Vancouvers is that one of their members was Thomas Chong (aka Chong in Cheech & Chong).
As for this comp, hey Lordy, it's all I need! 😁
Thanks, OSR & AMM!

Anghellic67$ said...

Thank you AMM & Oldsoulrebel For the Bobbt Taylor Double Album

AMM said...

many thanks OSR for 3 more great reviews👍

Lordchester said...

one of the lesser known Motown artists, thanks for reviewing.

deadwoodie said...

Thanks for the review

soultime said...

Absolute legend , i saw bobby taylor perform live at prestatyn soul weekender he was amazing .

richsoul said...

Thank you for the double dip on Bobby Taylor. Great music while I was in college. Thank you Oldsoulrebel and AMM.

soulfood said...

A must have very much overlooked a great review cheers OSR & AMM

Anton said...

Nice Choice ! Many Thanks For Reviewing.

RMstorm said...

Thanks OSR for the relatively unknown Bobby Taylor.

bigcravings said...

Overlooked no more . . . great review

hakase said...

loved this group thanks so much for this OSR

reb.jukebox said...

Thanks OSR looks interesting loking forward to taking a listen
Reb

andr3 nalin said...

Coool, really, the tasters are definitely great. Thanks for that OSR ;) ☮️✌🏻☀️

pedro B said...

Thanks to AMM and Old Soul Rebel for this one what a great lead Bobby was I remember buying this in Manchester 1968/69 down at the back of the old bus station I had never heard of them at the time and it seemed none of my mates did either memory's with one

Cheers Pedro

Rush said...

Thanks for the review Oldsoulrebel, my all time favourite track has to be I am your man

PeterH said...

There's still some music from Motown I barely know. Thanks for review, P.

soul quinquin said...

Hello AMM, I'm back, but I'm not going to post before October. On the other hand, I am a fan of this album. Thank you my friend.
Pierre