Thursday, February 1, 2024

Rayfield Reid And The Magnificents - Treat You Right (1977) Ken-Tone LP - Rare Soul (MP3 74MB)

Another great find from the back-up dept is this real gem i flogged(sold) for a very good price years ago, from an artist who only recorded this album on a small Nashville label along with a couple of 45,s (contained herein)..No info anywhere about this guy though there are several groups who called themselves the Magnificents. He wrote all the tracks himself with quite a unique style performed. Came to my attention via floor play way, way back. A great all round soul album to please you whatever your taste.

AMM


                                                                                                         The Tasters!


 




23 comments:

PeterH said...

Looks like a rarity one shouldn't miss ... Thanks for review, P.

Little Bill said...

Nice pick AMM, many thanks my friend!

soultime said...

New name for me , i cant wait to play it .

Rush said...

Great review AMM this album contains one of my all time favourite slow jams Treat you right

BillyMac said...

Welcome back, brother AMM. Hope all is well with the technology. Thank you for Rayfield.

gmortars said...

It's gonna be a dynamite party tonight!
Thanks, AMM!

tpee said...

This guy is new to me but the tasters reveal a truly interesting album. I detect notes of Cliff Nobles and Willie Mitchell with a hint of Jimmy Castor and a lingering aftertaste of excellence. Pour me some please!

Ray said...

Another great review thanks AMM

RMstorm said...

Thanks AMM for this Treat

UNKNOWN said...

Your review sweet talked me into it! Yes Please AMM
Cheers!
Bill(g3will@msn.com)

Big Dave said...

A new one for me... many thanks for the review and the enlightenment :)

BigD

trinity said...

Thanks a lot for the review, new one too me mate

Bob Mac said...

New to me and looks rare, many thanks for the review.

ELtel said...

Another one new to me MM, thanks for the review.
cheers,ELtel

PhilN said...

Thanks for another rare album.

Anghellic67$ said...

Great Review,Much Appreciated As Always AMM,Thank you

reb.jukebox said...

New artist for me AMM cheers Reb

bigcravings said...

Gotta get on this one now

Carlos Uria said...

Brillant review AMM, thank you!!

Lordchester said...

Interesting review from another rarity, thanks AMM

richsoul said...

Keep them coming, rarity and all. Thank you AMM.

Anton said...

New To Me Too,,Nice Groove Here ,Thanks For The Offering !

pedro B said...

I have heard of him and the magnificent but separately but i cant sure that was it long ago tried looking for any more info but no my be i look though the books/mags Love these Thanks AMM

Cheers Pedro