Friday, June 7, 2024

Donnie Elbert - Dancin' The Night Away (1977) All Platinum - Rare Soul (MP3 97MB)

This was Donnie,s second release on All Platinum five years after his debut on that label. It was released twice and three years later again under the title " From the Gitgo" no version ever put down on CD which is a shame. A strange release from him as its all cover songs,but done in his own unique style. As ive said before i,ve bought everything he,s recorded, one of the great voices of soul. A few rare tracks that were played out on the scene.

AMM

                                                                                    **********REQUEST**********

                                                                                                            The Tasters!



Tracks

01 Free
02 Love So Right
03 A Love Of My Own
04 You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
05 Don't Take Away The Music
06 You Don't Have To Be A Star
07 Going Up In Smoke
08 You Should Be Dancing
09 Don't Leave Me This Way
10 Boogie Fever




21 comments:

soultime said...

Im a big donnie elbert fan , i liberated lots of his output from my older brothers record collection .

gmortars said...

You make me feel like dancing!
Thanks, AMM!

Rush said...

Thanks forr the wonderful review AMM

Rush said...

Thanks forr the wonderful review AMM

soulfood said...

Would love to review yes please AMM

Bill said...

I never got any of his later releases,I thought they were too commercial,but I like Donnie Elbert. so I ought to at least hear it before I disregard it!
Cheers!
Bill
(b3will@msn.com)

Ray said...

thanks for another great review AMM

Carlos Uria said...

Another fantastic album, thank you AMM

PeterH said...

I am looking forward to listen to this. Thanks for review, P.

RMstorm said...

Thanks AMM for helping me dance the night away.

richsoul said...

I am like you, I like all his songs. This is new to me. Thanks AMM.

Big Dave said...

Nice one! Many thanks AMM for this review...

BigD

IAN said...

More Donnie, yes please.

trinity said...

Thank you for the review mate

hakase said...

thanks for the review btw i have Sequel R&B Maverick 2cd if you happen to need it shout me

pedro B said...

You must of read my mind i was only listen to Going Up In Smoke from this very same album yesterday Some great covers on this great singer Thank you AMM
Cheers Pedro

Renald Heyns said...

I like the way he does Leo Sayers' "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing". Thanks again AMM for bringing us such great reviews from your vaults. Great stuff indeed!!

reb.jukebox said...

nice review AMM many thanks

ELtel said...

Upgrade for me MM, thank you.
cheers,ELtel

Bill Pritchard said...

An album I'd like a chance to listen to.

Lordchester said...

looking forward for this one, thanks AMM