Monday, May 8, 2023

Reconnecting With Your Roots....A Time for Reflection...Makes You Stronger To carry On

After having a much needed break back home in Liverpool,something i havent done in years, it was a time to reconnect with my past and catch up with old friends still around. When you reach a point in your life that you realise your on the last stretch you cant help to reflect on your journey,the good and bad,highs and lows...and the music. Wherever your from i think you,ll get where i,m coming from. So i,m going to perhaps surprise you all with a couple of tunes from liverpool legends that i still resonate with and enjoy that sum up my feeling of life,roots, love, and hope! in general. Then its back to THE real biz!

AMM


 


11 comments:

trinity said...

I hear you mate, the wife & I were reminiscing just the other evening
There has been ups n downs but all in all I wouldn't change my past for anything
A lot of folks our age who we've been on the soul scene with are sadly no longer here and it makes you realise how special life really is and to enjoy every moment

USMAN47 said...

Nostalgia when you hold us !!!

Yves

pmac said...

Welcome back, AMM! Have always loved that Pacemakers' song. Glad you got to get some rnr in and some contemplative time.

pedro B said...

Ferry across the Mersey always makes me feel sad and and missing northwest and The real thing turned into a great band great song the ghetto
a Reminiscing Pedro Thanks AMM

Moe said...

Well put! I can relate to what you say too

richsoul said...

Like everyone on this site the song does give great memories. As you know me, I will be seven and five next week. I am grateful for my life and all that are around me. I thank everyone for playing a role in my life. Great to have you back and I always feel that when you come back you come back stronger. Thank you for the reminder that life is voyage. Thanks AMM.

Rush said...

Welcome back AMM glad you're feeling rejuvenated

RMstorm said...

Welcome back AMM and hope you enjoyed triip back home.

tsi&hrjs said...

I hear you too AMM. Great selection to kind of sum up all these years. To quote Larry R. again, "... what the years and tears and beers have done to me"

A sincere thanks for all the great music you've posted on this blog.

And to quote an old college friend of mine who is no longer with us, "money and girls will come and go, but when they let you down, you will always have the music."

soultime said...

I love the 60s pop stuff , Being a life long L.F.C supporter i adore The works of Gerry & the pacemakers .Thanks AMM .

Big Dave said...

Welcome back mate.
It's always good to reconnect with where you came from... :)

All the best,
BigD